(Student proposal by Mariano Vicente)
Animation Library based on Athens framework
The Athens is a new vector-based graphics framework for Pharo.
Implementing the animation framework on top of it, would make possible to use
various visual effects in UI for transitions like fading, sliding, zooming/rotation.. or morphing geometrical shapes from one to another.
Animation framework could also be used to realize better support for importing SVG format which contains animations.
Benefits to the Student
- Learn the basics of animations and moving objects.
- Learn about managing vector graphics, geometry, animation & transformation and screen estate
- Understand the concepts of movement functions
Benefits to the Community
- Get a library to make custom animations with the possibility of add new one.
- Animation library can be used by Pharo (or any Pharo-based project) to improve UI look & feel.