Briefly about me
I am a 25 years old student doing Smalltalk since 3 years. I have been converted by Stef, and now I am spending a lot of time in RMoD team on Pharo :)
About my study
I am currently finishing the first year of my master degree in computer science in Lille, France.
I am interested in different topics like bootstraps, UIs, continuos integration, etc
My non-Smalltalk experiences so far
I (sadly) did a lot of Java (mainly for lectures), some COBOL, Ruby, Python etc
My Smalltalk experiences so far
So far in Smalltalk I have done some nice projects:
- Nautilus: the new default code browser of Pharo
- Spec: a new framework for generating UIs
- Hazelnut: dynamically bootstrapping Pharo from Pharo
- Morphic library maintaining
- and some more projects you can find in Pharo (RecentMessageList, Finder, MessageBrowser etc)
Why am I interested in Smalltalk?
Because it's freaking cool :)
Will I stay with Smalltalk after the project is finished?
Of course I will :)